Welcome to the history of powwow water. The History of powwow water details the business of providing bottled water and water coolers throughout the UK. Water coolers are as popular as ever! They are generally broken up in two categories: bottle-less and bottled water coolers.
Water resources are sources of water that are useful or potentially useful to humans. Uses of water include agricultural, industrial, household, recreational and environmental activities. Virtually all of these human uses require fresh water. 97% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 3% as fresh water of which slightly over two thirds is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. Information from the International Water Resources Association.
The remaining unfrozen freshwater is mainly found as groundwater, with only a small fraction present above ground or in the air. Fresh water is a renewable resource, yet the world's supply of clean, fresh water is steadily decreasing. Water demand already exceeds supply in many parts of the world and as the world population continues to rise, so too does the water demand. Further information available at United Nations Environment Program. or http://envikowind.com
Awareness of the global importance of preserving water for ecosystem services has only recently emerged as, during the 20th century, more than half the world’s wetlands have been lost along with their valuable environmental services. Biodiversity-rich freshwater ecosystems are currently declining faster than marine or land ecosystems. The framework for allocating water resources to water users (where such a framework exists) is known as water rights. Information available from Health Care.
Nestlé Waters Powwow is a member of the UK British Water Cooler Association (BWCA) and also the European Point-of-use Drinking Water Association (EPDWA). Membership of both organisations requires us to conform to the highest standards of local and European quality and hygiene standards.
Each of our bottling centres is subject to annual inspections to ensure they meet local and European standards for bottled water. We currently hold 2 Gold Awards as a result of the excellent results from the latest independent inspections.
Our in-house team of microbiologists perform rigorous testing on a daily basis to ensure POWWOW water always reaches you in perfect condition.
For more information on the BWCA and the EPDWA please visit their web sites:
The Hampshire Water Partnership was formed in 2001 and is composed of a wide range of organisations who are stakeholders in water in Hampshire.
Its main aim is to ensure the long term future of Hampshire’s rivers, aquifers and wetlands for people and wildlife. see www.hampshirewaterfestival.co.uk. The Hampshire Water Partnership was established in 1999 to foster increased understanding and knowledge-sharing about Hampshire’s water environments and the issues facing rivers, wetlands and aquifers.
It comprises private, public and voluntary bodies who have a role or interest in the sustainable management of this unique water environment. The Partnership has no executive powers, but provides a forum for closer working relationships, information dissemination, and discussion on topical issues.